The practice was founded by Derby Fazackerley in the 1930s, retaining his name until 1990. Since then it has undergone several name changes, reflecting its directorship at the time, and is now known as David Cox Architects. The firm has been based in Preston city centre since 1945, moving to its current easily accessible premises at No 1 Ribblesdale Place in 2011.
Acknowledging and respecting our past gives us a sound foundation upon which to develop our reputation for vision and value. Our design skills utilise the latest developments in the field of architecture, but this is combined with a commercial awareness that meets the needs both of the client, and of the wider community. From sensitive work on listed buildings, to modern and innovative architectural solutions, we take immense pride in playing an active role at every juncture and the practice has received several civic trust, conservation and mayoral awards.
An RIBA Chartered Practice
The practice is a chartered member of the Royal Institute of British Architects, which ensures that we are client-focussed and committed to excellence in design and service delivery. The RIBA ensures that we are compliant and up-to-date with legislation and professional development.